The Gentleman's Gundog
Kentfield Kennels hunting dogs are best categorized in character, temperament and ability as a Gentleman's Gundog.
We believe that a Labrador, to be considered as a classic Gentleman's hunting companion by “English” standards, must reflect certain desirable qualities.
- Intelligent and trainable.
- Superior compatibility, calm, quiet temperament, with a strong attachment to their owner & family.
- Appealing confirmation based on the English standard, medium frame and weight.
- Keen natural hunting ability.
- Multipurpose retriever of upland game, duck & geese.
- Excellent handling ability.
- Steady to shot & fall, honors other working dogs.
When we help with choosing a gun dog, we bird test puppies at 6, 7, & 8 weeks. Only the puppies that show an extreme interest in birds will be chosen as a gun dog. Not all puppies in a litter will have the desire to hunt & retrieve birds, and it will be evident at this young age.
All of our puppies are registered with the American Kennel Club with limited registration, micro-chipped and enrolled in the AKC ReUnite program before they go into a new family home. This service is included in the purchase price of your puppy.