Trained Puppies & Dogs Available
Please email to see if we have a puppy available that we have not posted yet.
Some of these puppies will be trained at our Kennel in Sebastopol, CA, or at our Crescent,Oklahoma kennel.
Black boy available
Starting his training 1-8-2021
Will be finished 3-5-2021
Yellow Female available
Finished our training program
This program is for family's that want a puppy with some basic obedience and manners.
Our Positive Reinforcement methods help to build a relationship with respect and trust, not fear and punishment. We use treats, toys, praise - whatever your dog finds rewarding. These methods help to create dogs that are happy and enthusiastic to learn. This method of training often provides quality, long-lasting results.
Each puppy enjoys our special area built just for our training program, their own clean, comfortable crate and individual kennel. We encourage our puppy's family to send a sturdy stuffed animal and/or bedding that your puppy will sleep with and will take to his/her new home. This makes the transition from our kennel to the puppy's new home much easier.
Areas we focus on:
- Crate training
- Sleeps all night in crate.
- Introduce walking calmly on leash
- Heel on leash with minimal pulling, including following the handler when turning left and right.
- Sit automatically when handler stops walking.
- Walks politely without jumping up on people or sniffing excessively at humans.
- Sit, stay & come
- Sit, Sit and stay.
- Come directly into front center of handler when called.
- Discourage jumping
- Verbal command off or down. Knee correction.
- Allows a stranger to pet while puppy stays in a sit position.
- Puppy will not get up, jump or bark when a stranger approaches or while it is being petted.
- Wait at gates and doorways until verbal command lets go
- Wait for food dish to be place on floor and verbal command OK or puppy's name to eat
- Walking up & down stairs
- Bait training
- Rewards puppy for learning a new command.
- Teaches a soft mouth.
- After command is successfully learned reward is transitioned to petting and "good dog"
- Nipping & mouthing corrections
- Medium squeeze of mouth with a no command.
- Socialized with other dogs & lots of people
- Socializes with all dogs here including adult dogs.
- Learning dog pack manners.
- Corrections with spray bottle.
- Using the word quiet to stop excessive barking.
Please remember that these are Started Puppies, they will need to continue in training when they go into their new family home to establish good habits that will carry on into adulthood. As with children, they will test you to see if you know what they can do. These puppies have learned to learn and are eager to please you. Enjoy them as much as we have!
All of our puppies are registered with the American Kennel Club, micro-chipped and enrolled in the AKC ReUnite program before they go into a new family home. This service is included in the purchase price of your puppy. Puppies will have a complete puppy packet including information on the first series of shots, worming schedule and medication that has been given that you will need to share with your vet. A written guarantee, and the basic schedule of sleeping and feeding that the puppy has been raised on will also be some of the information in your puppy packet.
We only take a few puppies at a time in this program. This assures that your puppy will get the time it needs to become a well trained puppy ready for your family. We have found that our excellent puppy raising from the day the puppy is born makes our training program quite unique and the quality and success our puppies have when they go home after 8 weeks of training is evident.
Because of the high demand for Started Trained Puppies we work closely with a few select breeders to bring in additional high quality puppies into our started puppy training program. All health clearances are completed on the Sire and Dam from their kennel and also DNA tested just like our puppies. Some of these puppies may be trained in our Oklahoma Kennel that is managed by our middle son Jake. The Oklahoma facility is a working 40 acre horse and cattle ranch that gives some of our clients dogs training around large animals and horse barn.
We also have an excellent apprentice breeder & trainer in Maxwell, CA that is learning how we raise and train these beautiful puppies. These puppies are fortunate to be exposed to Jenny's 3 young boys, friendly cats, horses and farm life/equipment. She is under my supervision with the training methods I use and she is learning how to train puppies to Kentfield Kennels standard. Because she is also new to our breeding program she will also have her own puppies completing the Started Puppy Training Program and we will offer some of her well trained puppies to our clients.