Trained Puppies Available
Started 1 year old
Available November 2017
DOB October 24, 2016
Started 4 month old black male puppy
Available September 2017
DOB May 7, 2017
Started 4 month old puppy
Available September 2017
DOB May 12, 2017
This program is for family's that want a started puppy.
Our Positive Reinforcement methods help to build a relationship with respect and trust, not fear and punishment. We use treats, toys, praise - whatever your dog finds rewarding. These methods help to create dogs that are happy and enthusiastic to learn. This method of training often provides quality, long-lasting results.
Each puppy enjoys our special area built just for our training program, their own clean, comfortable crate and individual kennel. We encourage our puppy's family to send a sturdy stuffed animal and/or bedding that your puppy will sleep with and will take to his/her new home. This makes the transition from our kennel to the puppy's new home much easier.
Areas we focus on:
- Crate training
- House trained to our home, making it easier to potty train to your home.
- Introduce walking calmly on leash
- Heal on leash without pulling, including following the handler when turning left and right.
- Sit automatically when handler stops walking.
- Walks politely without jumping up on people or sniffing excessively at humans.
- Sit, stay & come
- Sit and down, Sit and stay, and Down and stay.
- Come directly into front center of handler when called.
- Discourage jumping
- Allows a stranger to pet while puppy stays in a sit position.
- Puppy will not get up, jump or bark when a stranger approaches or while it is being petted.
- Sit & wait for food
- Walking up & down stairs
- Bait training
- Rewards puppy for learning a new command.
- After command is successfully learned reward is transitioned to petting and "good dog"
- Nipping & mouthing corrections
- Socialized with other dogs & lots of people
- Socializes with all dogs here including adult dogs.
- Learning dog pack manners.
All of our puppies are registered with the American Kennel Club, micro-chipped and enrolled in the AKC ReUnite program before they go into a new family home. This service is included in the purchase price of your puppy. Puppies will have a complete puppy packet including information on the first series of shots, worming schedule and medication that has been given that you will need to share with your vet. A written guarantee, and the basic schedule of sleeping and feeding that the puppy has been raised on will also be some of the information in your puppy packet.
We only take a few puppies at a time in this program. This assures that your puppy will get the time it needs to become a well trained puppy ready for your family. We have found that our excellent puppy raising from the day the puppy is born makes our training program quite unique and the quality and success our puppies have when they go home after 8 weeks of training is evident.
These puppies are $3200 at 8 weeks old, and 8 weeks of training is $250 per week for a total of a Started Training Puppy at $5200.